Here are our lessons learned during this trip. They are all important, so here they are in the order we learned them.
- Don’t forget the camera.
- Breaks and hikes in the middle of a road trip day is essential. (A lunchtime swim doesn’t do the trick.)
- Do not leave too late in the morning. 11 is too late.
- The GPS is 5 meters out.
- Never give up. Have faith.
- Fill the water tanks at least 1/4 of the way full. Especially when traveling with kids and drama queens.
- Remind tweens of deodorant every day.
- When in doubt, just smile and ask the question.
- Sandwiches with fresh farm lettuce rock.
- Don’t put your finder in front of the camera.
- Prep your breakfast dishes at night.
- Know where your campsite is before you drive your trailer into dead ends.
- Put more effort into boon docking. Do not look for boon docking in rich neighbourhoods.
- Stop fighting with your SISTER!!!
- When things are getting really bad, just hang in there, cause something good is about to happen.
- Just when things are at their worst remember that GREAT will follow. SO just hang in there.
- When on a long camping trip, always secretly pack some coffee whitener and a firelog, just in case.
- Close the windows at the back of the trailer when on a gravel road or everything will get covered with grey dust.
- Bring lots of quarters, toonies and loonies for the laundry machines. TIP: do not use this change for ice cream!